Firstly, thank you to everyone who has been so supportive of the i-Motion family over the past few months. We have kept each other moving and going through some strange times.
Secondly, we can’t wait to see you again! We can finally open our doors to welcome our members back and we can’t wait. We obviously have to make some changes to keep our members, staff and community safe. These changes have been made in line with government advice and will be updated as new advice is issued.
We Re-open on Monday the 27th of July!
Please take time to read the below changes to gym routines in order to help us operate in a safe manner:
Hygiene and cleaning
- We have increased general cleaning and sanitisation around all gym areas.
- Please clean equipment before and after use. Only use one piece of equipment at a time.
- We have introduced cleaning stations and hand sanitisers in the entrance and exit and across the gym. Please use them on the way in and out. When in the gym use these stations regularly.
- Follow social distances guidelines at all time when in the gym.
- Please do not bring towels onto the gym floor.
- We have had to temporarily change our opening hours in order that we can regularly sanitise the gym and manage access and staffing.
- On Monday to Friday the gym will be open from 6:00am until 12:00pm and 16:00pm until 21:00pm from Monday to Friday. **Closed for 4 hours between 12pm and 16:00pm.
- On Saturday and Sunday the gym will be open from 8:00am until 16:00pm.
- We will be releasing a new class timetable shortly. All classes will be booked via the I-Motion Gym Rotherham App on the App/Play Store. The new timetable will have reduced class numbers. This is to allow time to sanitize equipment and gym areas between classes
- Class numbers have been decreased to adhere with the Goverment guidelines on social distancing
- Please only book one class per gym visit. This allows your fellow members the chance to book classes too.
- Once you've completed your class if possible please leave the facilities as soon as possible and return at another time if you also wish to have a gym session. This is to help prevent overcrowding.
- There is a one way system throughout the gym from entry to exit. Please stick to this.
- We have moved some equipment to ensure social distancing is adhered too.
- Zones have been boxed to help guide distancing.
- Some machines may be switched off. Please leave them switched off.
- We do request that members come ready to train and shower at home where possible.
- Changing rooms will be open but there will be limited locker availability and some shower cubicles out of use.
Membership queries and signups
If you weren't in a position to support us with your direct debit through lock-down and you requested to freeze your membership instead these will automatically be unfrozen when we re-open. Again a big thank you from the I-Motion Team for everyone that did continue with their direct debits without you we wouldn’t have been able to offer all the live content, classes and training videos we’ve provided through lock-down and we may not have been here to re-open.
Gym usage time-limits
We request that our members keep gym visits to less than 1 Hour 15 Minutes to help avoid any potential queues or build up of crowds.
Do I need to book to visit?
Not at present. We believe our facilities are large enough that a booking system won’t be required. This will be reviewed over the first few days of opening and will be dependent on everyone adhering to the rules.
Do I need to wear a mask?
This is personal preference. At this time it is not required that gym users wear masks.